Wednesday, September 10, 2014

World Suicide Prevention Day 2014

Today is the 11th annual World Suicide Prevention Day and I am adding my voice to others across the globe in saying "You are loved" in my own small way. As I mentioned in my first post, I lost my baby brother, Nolan, this summer to suicide and am honored to stand beside those that are fighting the same battle that he lost.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 
1 Corinthians 13:7-8

  To Write Love on Her Arms is an organization dedicated to giving hope to those living with addiction, depression, self injury, and suicidal thoughtsJoin me and write the word "love" on your arm, light a candle near a window at 8pm for support or remembrance, pledge to cycle (or run!) for the Cycle Around the Globe Event, or simply pray for those facing these issues- we lose someone to suicide every 40 seconds. When you are asked what the word written on your arm or the candle burning in your window represents, consider it an open invitation for honest dialogue on the issues of depression and suicide. If you or someone your know is struggling, please reach out. There is help available through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, your local resources, or friends and family.

 My half marathon training is dedicated to Nolan's memory.

Taylor, me, and Nolan at Thanksgiving. Rest peacefully, Nolie.


Break stigma, one conversation at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment