Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Blending to a Better Bod

Detox, cleanse, torture, insanity... whatever you want to call it, cleanses can be really intimidating and downright scary. I highly suggest trying Dr. Oz's 3-Day Detox Cleanse if you're new to cleansing like me! Before I really start my regimented training schedule for the Disney Princess Half Marathon, I wanted to try it and it was so much easier than I thought it would be. Still definitely not easy, though. I was shocked that I wasn't ever hungry, but cravings for someone with a sweet tooth like mine were vicious. With a little resolve, you can get through. Plus, we know a little about mind over matter as runners, right?


My take-aways:
  • My grocery bill was about $90-$100, not the $16/day that Dr. Oz estimates. That being said, I also had a ton of leftovers post-cleanse.
  • This is not about weight loss. It's about jump-starting the path to eating healthier. Get off the dang scale.
  • The lunch smoothie is pretty bad. Not gonna lie. It's really, really chunky. I started thinking of it as a gazpacho and eating it with a spoon which kind of helped... kind of. It also made the equivalent of 2 smoothies so it was a lot to choke down. I mastered this smoothie on day 3 (of course) and I think the trick is a little less celery with a little more liquid.
  • The breakfast and dinner smoothies were GOOD! Just don't add too much lemon or cayenne. 
  • I never had the snack smoothie... just wasn't hungry! Isn't that amazing? A good cleanse is not about deprivation and this one definitely doesn't leave you feeling starved. Just make sure those Oreos are well hidden in your pantry or else you'll feel like they've grown eyes and are staring you down at about 9pm every night. Stay strong.
  • Make sure your blender is large enough. The ingredients themselves start out bulky before you begin blending so you'll either need to chop them up or blend a few ingredients at a time then add more, especially for the lunch smoothie.

Have any questions about this cleanse and my experience? Leave a comment below!


2 comments:

  1. Yum! I definitely want to try this (after my marathon!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is extraordinarily smart.I love to browse your diary's posts everyday and that i got vast facilitate from your blog and developed a replacement app download spotify premium apk
    you'll check.Thanks for wonderful diary.

    ReplyDelete