Friday, March 6, 2015

Things That Make You Go "Dang"

Officially the worst. I'm almost embarrassed to post again after going a month, then TWO without a peep. From day one of writing these posts (and generally in "real life") I have been an open book, no secrets girl. I'm comfortable saying that I truly planned to post 2-3 times weekly (even had MANY posts lined up) and keep an excellent diary of my training journey while sharing some tips and tricks for being active, healthy, and still juggling everything that life tosses your way. In that aspect, I have failed miserably and in a pretty public way. BUT- I have chosen for a long time to give even the ugliest storm clouds a silver lining no matter how hard it is to attach. As a blogger (God, that even feels pretentious to type) I am a zero, but as a runner I feel like a superstar. I've never been the fastest, nor have I had the best form, but tomorrow is my first half marathon and I could cry tears of pride... and I haven't even started the race. This feels a little like counting my chickens before they hatch, but it also shows me that, even without crossing a finish line yet, I've accomplished something. Regardless of my time tomorrow, I feel like a winner and know that my brother- one of the biggest motivators for me in my training- is looking down and smiling for his big sister. 

As a runner and a person, this process has been a tremendous learning and growing experience so I'm excited to keep this blog going after my race and share more, learn more, and grow more with this crazy community of people willing to push themselves beyond their first wind.




Look for a post-race post (PROMISE) with tips on what to eat, wear, and do the week, day, and hours before a big race. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment